TAU 1.2 Inquiry

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

TAU_1.2.thumb.jpg.8d4b0046a5668c65cddb14

Please assist with the above attachment in post of "mode 1/8" setting & where is the "log report" option setting. 

Many Thanks & this is a great source for audiophile software

Edited by mikeyman66
grammar / spelling

Posted

Hi, Mike!

Thank you for using our software,

This is equivalent to -m argument of AuCDtect console application:

-mS     detect mode S=[0..40], default 8
0 - slow and most accurate
40 - fast, but less accurate

Best whishes!

Posted (edited)

Berng,

Thank You. But this is only part of answer.

I understand that "1" is the desired verification {most accurate} but "40" ?? There is only mode 1 - 8 setting so how do you get "40" as you mentioned...

Also most important how do you get a log report & inclusion of spectrum analysis included after results are calculated. (see attached).

These are results of a compact disc original with SID codes for IFPI / Mould & Master Codes Stamped not a CD-R. 

Titled - Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes (Disc 1)

Full details of release found here -> http://www.discogs.com/Tom-Moulton-Philadelphia-International-Classics-The-Tom-Moulton-Remixes/release/3498587

Thanks Again & Best Regards,

Mike

TAU_1.2_(reply).thumb.jpg.8bf41e7e0bfca4TAU_1.2_(reply_2).thumb.jpg.1f90d302146f

Edited by mikeyman66

Posted

Hi Mike,

I'm developer of this program, maybe I can help you better :-)

As you can read in answer above, this parameter is equivalent to -m argument of AuCDtect console application, because both of them based on AuCDtect development library. In Tau Analyzer the mode parameter is restricted by range of 1-8. It's enough in most cases. You can try to set lower value to get more accurate results.

The test results are calculated sequentially for each track, then on the basis of these results we can make the conclusion about contents of the disc. All data, including spectrum, are calculated in the background and result is shown when process completed.

As about your CD - yes, some of official releases can be made from MPEG sources. This disc could also be made from records, which was digital processed using MPEG-like algorithms. In a small number of cases, this may be an error of the program, as the algorithm does not make absolute conclusions, only with some probability. But it's unlikely since in all tracks of your CD were found the artifacts of MPEG-like algorithm.

Regards,

Aleksander Djuric

Posted

Greetings Ald,

Thank You ~ This is a better explanation but only a partial answer still... 8-\ ?

Please take a look at the log report [images provided below] I have included from the [auCDtect task manager ver.1.6.0. RC1 build 1.6.0.1] on the same results after ripping it to a file in WAV format.

I also agree that the 1:1 from results is extremely questionable and steer towards an MPEG source for final compact disc as you have also mentioned previously.

As example which is provided from auCDtect task manager (version mentioned above) and (images provided below).

* The question is now ->  "How do you save the log report / spectrogram {spectrum} included" of the results from this analysis from the aforementioned testing done of the original compact disc as below from the TAU Analyzer 1.2 (see below images).

TAU_1.2_(reply).thumb.jpg.5eefbdc8a06388

BELOW IS EXAMPLES OF AUCDTECT TASK MANAGER 1.6.0.1 WAV FILE RIPPING OF SAME COMPACT DISC IN QUESTION.

TAU_1.2_(example_reply_1).thumb.jpg.c9a5

TAU_1.2_(example_reply_2).thumb.jpg.dbb5

TAU_1.2_(example_reply_3).thumb.jpg.ce72

Posted

Hi, Mike!

Sorry, but I afraid that I don't understand your question..

This program doesn't produce any log reports.

If you need to save spectrum image you can do it using Windows interface:

1) Tap or click the window you want to capture.
2) Press Alt+PrtScn.

A picture of the window is copied and you can paste it wherever you'd like.

Posted

Greetings Aleksander Djuric,

Apologies maybe too much information before but previous agent kept missing the main question that you have answered just now. Thank You Sir.

"This program doesn't produce any log reports."

This program of (TAU 1.2) is a very useful tool for verification analysis of authentic compact disc source.

Is there a way to incorporate the (auCDtect Task Manager 1.6.0.1) with the (TAU 1.2) so that a log report can be made from final results. This is a very helpful tool for review of statistical analysis.

The log report and spectrogram produced by the (auCDtect Task manager) is wonderful & especially helpful when you combine them in one report as I have my settings. But this is only after you have ripped (copied) compact disc to a WAV or lossless format that unpacks during analysis process.

The (TAU 1.2) authentic compact disc analysis including the SVG spectrum (results of cut off) is great but a log report would add to the fantastic job you gentlemen have created. 

So I pose the question again, "Is there a way to incorporate the (auCDtect Task Manager 1.6.0.1) with the (TAU 1.2) so that a log report can be made from final results."

Gratitude Sirs...

Posted (edited)

So I pose the question again, "Is there a way to incorporate the (auCDtect Task Manager 1.6.0.1) with the (TAU 1.2) so that a log report can be made from final results."

Almost forgot to add & ask but do you still also agree on previously posted results above of the following -

"As about your CD - yes, some of official releases can be made from MPEG sources. This disc could also be made from records, which was digital processed using MPEG-like algorithms. In a small number of cases, this may be an error of the program, as the algorithm does not make absolute conclusions, only with some probability. But it's unlikely since in all tracks of your CD were found the artifacts of MPEG-like algorithm."

For your information by the way / Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes (Disc 1)

Full details of release found here -> http://www.discogs.com/Tom-Moulton-Philadelphia-International-Classics-The-Tom-Moulton-Remixes/release/3498587

The reproduction of MPEG source on the original compact disc release aforementioned was in question and I would like your opinion.

Gratitude Aleksander

Edited by mikeyman66

Posted

So I pose the question again, "Is there a way to incorporate the (auCDtect Task Manager 1.6.0.1) with the (TAU 1.2) so that a log report can be made from final results."

Yes, it's possible. Please wait future releases. This project was frozen for a long time, many new features will be implemented.

Almost forgot to add & ask but do you still also agree on previously posted results above of the following -

"As about your CD - yes, some of official releases can be made from MPEG sources. This disc could also be made from records, which was digital processed using MPEG-like algorithms. In a small number of cases, this may be an error of the program, as the algorithm does not make absolute conclusions, only with some probability. But it's unlikely since in all tracks of your CD were found the artifacts of MPEG-like algorithm."

​It's not my opinion, It's conclusion of our algorithm )

Kind regards